Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thesis Blog

Brandy Bigler
October 29, 2010
Thesis Blog

1. A
This thesis statement is weak because the author stated exactly what he or she would be talking about, and makes no claim.
2. A
This thesis is weak because it could possibly be considered an opinion and it stating a board statement.
3. B
This thesis statement is weak because it is restating a statement that most people know and consider to be true.
4. A
This thesis statement is weak because it is making no claim, it simply just states what the play is about, and there is no argument.
5. A
This thesis statement is weak because the author has stated his or her opinion.

Thesis:
            After reading The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien and knowing that he served in the Vietnam War, this could complicate his discussion of truth v. fiction in the text.

Questions:
I believe that my thesis statement is a strong thesis statement because it is an arguable statement. I know I will have evidence to prove my thesis correct from the text and my research but it is a statement I have to prove because anyone could agree or disagree with it. It is also a strong thesis statement because it is specific; it identifies exactly what my argument is for the paper. My thesis statement raises questions and is, as I said before, an arguable topic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment