Monday, October 18, 2010

Source Evaluation Blog

Brandy Bigler
October 24, 2010
Source Evaluation Blog

 

Naparsteck, Martin. "An Interview with Tim O'Brien." Contemporary Literature. VOL.32.          
         University of Wisconsin Press, 1991. 1-11. http://www.jstor.org/stable/1208335

            The source is an interview with Tim O’Brien. He is asked a serious of questions about the books he has written and talks a little bit about each of them and the meaning behind them. He goes into detail about the book The Things They Carried and talks about a story two from the book in detail. I think that this interview will be helpful to my writing in the 3rd essay because I am going to do it from a biography stand point of Tim O’Brien and I think this interview is a good way to find out what he was really thinking and how he felt when he wrote The Things They Carry.  I can use this source in my paper because it will help me to know if the stories are actually about what O’Brien experienced or exactly how he got to the inspiration for certain stories.

 

(Naparsteck), Tina Chen. ""Unraveling the Deeper Meaning": Exile and the Embodied Poetics of                Displacement in Tim O'Brien's "The Things They Carried"." Contemporary Literature.      
        VOL 39. University of Wisconsin Press, 1998. 77-98   http://www.jstor.org/stable/1208922

            This source is specifically talking about Tim O’Brien’s book The Things They Carried. It goes into great detail about the meaning behind his writing. I think that this source will be good to have for the paper as well as the other one. It lets me into Tim O’Brien’s world and why he wrote what he did. Both of these sources will work well together to give me the information that I need. I think that this source is credible because it is from a creditable site. It is a good source for me to have. It is not totally current but it doesn’t really need to be for my writing stand point.

No comments:

Post a Comment